About this blog

A drabble is a story contained in a hundred words.

Clearly, I do not know how to count.

Nevertheless, these are snapshots of life and living, encapsulated by a word or a phrase.

Cue theme song. (To the Key of Emo)

Text message

You stare at the glowing screen in shock.

A ear-piercing scream echoes through the house a nano-second later.

Hours later, all your back-up plans have gone to hell, and you're not quite sure how to feel about that (there goes the job abroad, the skills laboriously honed in four painstaking years, the sheer freedom from academia).

Still, seeing your name in that list, you can almost see your future writ large.

You've made your father quite proud.

5 comments:

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

you have been bestowed with a tremendous honor, privilege, and responsibility... TAKE IT, IT'S YOURS!

-that's like an amalgam of random movie lines that only exist in my head. :P but congratulations buddy! you've made your buddy quite proud. ahahahah :)

Paul Xymon Garcia February 4, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

congrats, dana. here's to four more years (or more, haha) of academic, political, moral and ethical dilemmas and what nots. :p

good job! *applause*

Technicolor Dreamer February 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

@tin:I feel the need to explain in verse.
It won't be easy, it shall be pain...when I try to explain how I feel. Staring out of the window, looking out to the suuuun...

@paul: thanks! I think. Sana hindi more. :P

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

nice one dana! haven't seen you in CMC lately, but let me extend my congratulations. or not; i knew you'd get in anyway. :)

Anonymous February 7, 2009 at 3:45 AM  

I'm proud of you, darleeeeng. Yey! Law schoool!!! Booooooys! Hahahaha.

Pag na-libel ako, save me :D

Post a Comment